Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What makes me tick?


Of course, I like to shop and I like to swim, but what really makes me tick is FOOD!  Yummy, delicious, and creative FOOD!  Living in NYC makes this so much more enjoyable.  There are food trucks, farmers markets, vineyards just outside the city, beach towns all around, amazing restaurants (Everyone trying to be as unique as possible to stand out from the crowd) and culture that makes this city so amazing. 
Walking the streets of Manhattan with friends and stumbling across new things is seriously, SO great.  After an amazing sushi lunch with work, the ladies and I strolled through the streets around union square when we start discussing my serious addiction to ice cream and all things cold and yummy (Including cocktails ha!)  My homegirl Lindsay mentions a new place that she walked by a few times called “FLAVABOOM”!  I mean, if the name doesn’t intrigue you, what will.  She explains that it is a FroYo place with many different flavors and toppings.
Picture shot after devouring half of it before thinking, THIS IS A MUST SHARE! GREEN TEA MOSHI AND GUMMI BEARS!  Really?  I DIE…



Another day, while walking to grab a boring salad, I noticed Luke’s Lobster truck, who I have been following on Twitter and FB for months, but just haven’t been able to try it!!!  Well, we of course did and what a delicious success it was!!  A Lobster Schooner, a Shrimp Shooner, and Crab Shooner are the lunch combo specials!  My oh my, how does one chose.  My friend gets the Shrimp (Cuz shes preggo) and I grab the lobster.  MMMMMMM, a lobster roll on a lightly toasted and buttered roll, a TINY swipe of mayo and some special seasoning.  This is huge!  Normally, I would say the more mayo the better and gross my boyfriend out, cuz he hates mayo (Weirdo), but in this case it was MAGNIFICO!!!!  Not to mention the Mrs. Vickie’s Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips and the variety of flavored sodas they have to offer.  If you are lucky enough to make it to Luke’s Lobster on the Upper East Side, they have a license to sell beer and of course sell a variety Maine Microbrews!  See below for a pic of this amazing lunch!  One bite and I knew it was blog worthy!  I even put the pickle and some chips ON the Lobster Roll to add a little crunch!! HEAVEN!  Share with me how you like your roll ;-)


On all my walks throughout the week, I walk by the union square farmer’s market 6 times each week.  Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays on my way to and from the Subway.  The smell of fresh Lavender in the air and the site of beautiful flowers for sale is a great way to start and end the work day, don’t you think?  This is a slice of a dream.  Fresh catches of the day, local and organic farmers bring their cheese, meats, art, produce and even WINE to the market and cannot wait to share with everyone who walks by.  These vendors are some of the coolest and fun people to speak to as well, definitely a destination must.




Food is one of my biggest passions.  DIVE IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment